DORGARD PRICE GUARANTEE – CALL US ON 0800 612 6537 AND WE WILL BEAT ANY COMPETITOR’S PRICE
Dorgard with FREE SHIPPING and free extended 5 Year Warranty from Safelincs.
The Dorgard is a safe and legal solution that allows you to hold your fire doors open safely, while automatically closing them in the event of a fire. This allows for better wheelchair access, ventilation and all-round convenience without jeopardising safety or breaking the law.
- Free extended 5 year warranty from Safelincs
- Free shipping
- Dorgard now conforms to BS7273-4:2007 Category B
- Tested and certified to BS EN 1155:1997
- Easy to follow self installation in under five minutes – View the installation instructions
- Dorgard is entirely wireless and self contained
- No need to hard wire into the building’s fire alarm system – saves on installation time, costs and mess
- Battery operated, supplied with 2 x C size alkaline batteries
- Works with your existing fire alarm system
- Can hold the door open in any selected angle
- Dorgard automatically releases the fire door upon hearing the fire alarm
- Installed in schools, hospitals nursing homes and many other public buildings
- Dorgard kit contents
- Manufactured in the UK
- Smart, unobtrusive design available in a choice of black, white, red and mahogany
- Easy foot-operated setting and release
- Automatic night-time release feature
- Improves access for wheelchair users in line with the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA)
Dorgard has a rubber plunger/stopper which remains in contact with the floor and, unlike magnetic fire door retainers, can hold the door open in any selected position. When a fire alarm sounds, the integral audio-electronic device inside the Dorgard signals the plunger to retract, allowing the fire door close normally (Dorgard will release after approximately 14 seconds). Dorgard is battery powered, so there is no need for complex and expensive wiring into the building’s fire alarm system. This means that the Dorgard can be installed and operates alongside any existing fire alarm system currently in place. Please note that your alarm’s sound level has to be higher than 65dB at the location of the door to allow the Dorgard to pick up the alarm up. This is also the required alarm sound level for populated areas according to BS5839-1:2002 (Clause 16.2).