If you have any questions about a return or you’d like to discuss something with us first, then please get in touch by using our contact form, or by one of the methods below:
- Telephone: 01522 422706
- Email: email@example.com
Comprehensive Fire and Security Solutions Ltd
6 Wragby Road
- You can cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery or within 30 days from receipt of delivery (exceptions apply, see below). To return your good please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01522 422706.
- Please pack the goods in their original packaging. The goods need to be in a re-sellable condition to be refunded. British Standards copies cannot be accepted back if the packaging is opened. Electrical equipment must not have been powered up. Product must not have been installed. Air filter or defibrillation pads cannot be returned if opened.
- If goods are not returned in original packaging or re-sellable condition we will reduce the refund value to reflect that the product will have to be sold as incomplete or damaged or may not be sellable at all.
- We will refund the sales price (considering above limitations) and the initial postage and packing charges within 14 days of receiving the goods back from you. We do not charge a re-stocking fee.
- You need to return the goods to us at your cost within two weeks following your cancellation. Should the goods not be returned within these two weeks, we can offer to collect the goods and will then deduct the carrier charge of this return from your refund.
- If you do not require the ordered goods at the point of delivery and you refuse the delivery for this reason, we can deduct the cost for the return shipment from your refund.
- If you struggle to return large or heavy items, please contact us on 0800 612 6537 and we can offer collection of the goods. We will then deduct the cost for this collection from your refund. This service is only possible if the collection charges are less than the price paid by you for the product. Heavy items such as safes and collections from remote locations will have significant collection charges. Our staff will quote you a cost for collection based on your product and location.
- Products which are made to measure (e.g. Davy Descenders, Sash fire escape windows etc.), made to order (special varieties of emergency lighting etc.) or to customer specification (e.g. fire doors with windows etc.) cannot be returned and refunded.
- Important:Business orders placed with purchase orders are excluded from our returns procedure and are covered by statutory regulation.
Any returns within the UK should be sent, together with your original order details, to:
Comprehensive Fire and Security Solutions Ltd
6 Wragby Road
Cancellations (call-out & Training)
We keep our call-out charges to a minimum by covering most of our travel costs in the clearly publicised product and service charges. This means that if you are not in when we arrive or you cancel at short notice it becomes very costly to us, we therefore have to make a charge for any missed appointments or short notice cancellations.
Servicing or Installation Appointments:
If you let us know 48 hours in advance that you are not able to keep the planned appointment, we will re-arrange the appointment for you at no cost. However, if our engineers arrive on site as agreed and our customer is not in we will charge customers a £40 call out fee.
Covered by our warranties are:
- Manufacturing defects
- Product defects resulting from manufacturer’s design errors
- Damages resulting from the incorrect handling of a product
- Defects due to a lack of maintenance
- Repairs or modifications carried out by the customer or third parties
- Defects caused by fire or smoke (please refer in such cases to our ‘free replacement after fire policy’)
- Installation in an unsuitable location
- Excluded is any consequential damage caused by the products or their malfunction
- We will not cover the cost of installation of replacement components supplied as replacements under this warranty
Special Notes to product groups:
To be covered by our warranty fire extinguishers must be installed, serviced and periodically refilled in accordance to the manufacturer’s instructions. Any replacement components fitted in the process of maintenance are not covered by our warranty. Accidental damage and misuse of the fire extinguishers are also not covered
5-year warranty: The warranty extends 5 years from the date of purchase up to, but exclusive of, the first extended service due after 5 years
10-year warranty: The warranty extends 10 years from the date of purchase up to, but excluding, the second extended service due after 10 years.
The 5-year warranty only applies if the emergency lighting is set to operate in an emergency situation, only (non-maintained setting). Operating an emergency light permanently (maintained setting) will reduce the warranty to 3 years. Replacement parts such as bulbs and batteries are excluded. It is important that the emergency lights are tested by the user on a regular basis in accordance to BS5266 pt. 1 including the annual 3-hour duration test. Failure to do so may damage the unit’s circuitry and could invalidate the warranty
What happens if a customer discovers a product fault?
Claims against our warranties must be made through CFS
- Please contact CFSS with your invoice number and inform us about the defect.We will discuss the case with you and will agree on a solution for you. You might be asked to provide photos before we can establish the best way forward.
- We will either arrange free repair/free replacement for your product or request the return of your product for further analysis. This choice is at CFSS’ discretion.
- Should CFSS ask for a product back for further analysis or repair, we will arrange for the transport and the subsequent return.
- Should a product be returned to us without being defective, we will return the unit to the customer at cost.
The warranty still applies; the goods, however, must be sent to us at the customer’s expense for repair or replacement and the return shipment must be paid for by the customer.
We accept the following payments: